Janet REISTROM GONCALVES, President, JR FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS
* Age: 30
* Do you have ideas to attract and keep youth in the Syracuse area? Keep trying to bring new businesses and companies to the Syracuse area. Keep downtown up to date and looking beautiful.
* Where do you see the community and yourself in the next 10 years? I see the community growing and emerging. I see Destiny USA being finished and helping the area thrive economically. I see myself growing.
* Who has been the most influential person in your career? My husband, Matt.
* What are your guiding principles in life? Treat people and others how I’d like to be treated.
* What has been your best career decision? To start my own business with a push from my husband.
* How has your life turned out differently than imagined? I thought I would be a controller or head of an accounting department somewhere. I would have never thought I’d be running my own successful bookkeeping, accounting, and tax business.
* What is one of your quirks? That I’m a perfectionist.
* What are the core values that have been essential to your success? I like to make every client feel important no matter how big or how small they are.